The banging on the walls

Today I went to Home Depot, Sears and the supermarket(which isn't really super but I don't like calling it the market)all before 2:00pm. I walked every aisle of the Home Depot in search of something. I didn't find what I wanted exactly. I found it attached to something so I just bought it and ripped it apart when I got home. All I wanted was a piece of neoprene, or rubber. Something to sandwich between a speaker and a mount and then another piece to sandwich between the mount and the wall. All in the hopes of cutting back the sound transfer from my apartment to my neighbors. It seems they aren't as fond of my center channel as I am. At least my other neighbors haven't complained about the surround speakers mounted to the rear wall. To be honest the only reason I decided to take this little project on is just that. Its a project. I like projects. Particularly ones that interest me. Having just come home from a tour I am in need of a project or two. Probably more. My whole apartment is a project. Especially since I want to get the hell out of here. That means finishing a bunch of projects before I vacate the premises. That means finishing the bathroom and then kitchen. I am thinking I can do the kitchen myself. Nothing major. Gut it. New appliances. Hang some cabinets and install a sink. Nothing major. The bathroom though is a piece of work. I started to demo it a few years ago and stopped halfway through because I wasn't sure what I want to do with the space. I now know what I want to do but don't know how to go about doing it. So I will hire a contractor. And more than likely the contractor will proceed how I thought I should proceed. And then I will say "shit I could have done that". But who are we kidding here. All this because I want to move. But what if after I do all this I decide to stay? Well at least then I will have a finished bathroom and kitchen.